Friday, August 25, 2006

Yays! Mikes...even stranger!

Well I've opened my little box of horrors for the first time, and guess what? I've decided to show you a little piece of my box of horrors! Actually it is a box, but it has all my writings, and included in my writings are my poems, and today I shall present one! They are kinda sad, but its ok, i get/got better. Heres we go...


I Wish...

I wish I could see
but the fountian of tears
clouds my vision
from seeing your eyes

I wish I could know whats right
so I could take you away with me
and be happy
away from prying eyes

I wish I could stand under my own stregnth
but the pain I bear is too much,
for me to raise my scared head
and look into the face of an angel, you

I wish I could make you happy
so you'd run into my arms
without shame or pity

I wish I could yell
but the cries of anguish and sorrow
have long destroyed my voice

I wish I could speak my love
and speak to the fools
the ones who tried to destroy
I wish for freedom,
from prying and watchful eyes

But I'm finally broken
I can only hope
and for now, I. Give. Up.

-M. Wayne


notes: This is one of the most recent poems I've written, and its been a while. So I'm a bit rusty. It hopefully doesn't make sense to you, but that alright. Bad stuff had happened that week and I just wanted to lie down and die.
It always passes, those feelings. It all good.



"Cry Ophelia," Adam Cohen
"Say you want to learn, how to live your life, without tears? But we've been trying to do that for thousands of years."

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger An exceptional being said...

Hey Mike. I like the poem. I didn't know that you wrote. You are very good. Keep it up.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger mjke said...

thank you

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger matanda said...

♥♥♥♥♥

that doesnt make you stranger silly! it makes you all the more.. wonderful. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home